It’s better to have too much rather then too little when you’re in a remote location or with limited access to a site. There are tools that are recommended with each installation and also helpful to keep at the site for maintenance and testing purposes.
Recommended Tools and Test Equipment:
- Complete Tool Kit: including a full complement of screwdrivers (flat and Phillips), wrenches (open-ended, adjustable Allen), pliers, sockets (3/8″ & 1/2″ drive, up to 1-1/2″ opening), saws (hack, wood, keyhole), hammers, knives, drill & bits, cold chisel, ruler.
- Torque Wrench (4-175 ft. – lbs)
- Digital Volt Meter (DMV)
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Laptop Computer
- Ethernet card
- DB9 to RJ45 cable adapter
- Crimp Tool for RG-6 and RG-11
- Ethernet Cables, straight and null-modem, 6′
- RS-232 Cables, straight and null-modem, 6′
- Extension cords
- Extension ladder
- Heat Gun
- Hammer Drill with standard bits
- Protractor, Magnetic
- Bubble Level, Magnetic
- Pole, telescoping, 12′
- Flat shovel
- Stiff Broom
- Tape Measure
- Cable Stripper
- Mobile Phone
- Coaxial Test Cables, 2 each, 10′
- Silicone Grease
- RTV Sealant or Vulcanizing Tape
- Black Cable Ties
- Variety of cable connectors and adapters
Don’t forget the installation manuals!
PDF Download of this list.